Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Query output is only returning 1 character per column

Colangsf
5 - Atom

Trying to run a query and it is only showing 1 character per column/row. I tried this query out in other database tools and the others return the full data. The columns returning 1 character are V_String data type. There are no errors that appear when the workflow is run. How can I get the full data to show? Thank you

Data Types.PNG

Results.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Questions - is this querying a database? Is the database redshift? are you using the ODBC driver available from AWS? Can you swap this to the ODBC driver on Alteryx's site?

I saw something similar to this with an ODBC that wasn't fully supported. Otherwise - you'd have to post your query for troubleshooting. My hunch is this is a connection issue though - not a query issue.

mohapatrachetna
5 - Atom

Hi, Is this issue fixed for you? I am having similar issues while I try to read data from Redshift. Can you please let me know how you fixed it? 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Hey @mohapatrachetna - I've clarified this on a few threads - you must use the driver which Alteryx specifics (SIMBA Amazon Redshift ODBC) vs the Redshift standard driver (Amazon Redshift ODBC). Can you double check that you are using the SIMBA driver?

Labels