Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Quarterly comparison of same customers

arnettmh
7 - Meteor

In my company, customers can create their own orders (self-serve via web, text, etc.) or they can call in via phone to place an order. I am trying to do a quarterly comparison of the data (Q3 vs. Q4) to see how many of those customers who placed an order via self-service in Q3 moved to placing orders via phone in Q4. I created a side-by-side graph broken out by product areas and I can see movement from one "bucket" to the other. However, I need to be able to do the comparison of only existing customers and remove any new customers from this comparison. I am new to Alteryx and I am stumped on how to achieve this. I do have Customer IDs that I can use to determine new vs. existing customers. I need to remove customer IDs from Q4 that did not exist in Q3. Any advice would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @arnettmh 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

arnettmh
7 - Meteor

I have attached some sample data.  This is randomized and has, of course, much less data, but includes the fields I believe you would need.  Thanks.

arnettmh
7 - Meteor

Sorry....file attached.

JaeLim
Alteryx
Alteryx

HI @arnettmh ,

Please review my take on this, steps taken:

1. Create quarters based off input date

2. Compare q3 and q4 customers

3. If Customer ID in Q4 is not present in Q3, that is dropped off at the right join. 

JaeLim_0-1644350053759.png

Hope this helps, thanks!

arnettmh
7 - Meteor

Thanks.  This got me on the right path.

Labels