Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python tool in combination with CReW list runner

Sem
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I use the CReW list runner to run a number of Alteryx workflows every day. Some of these workflows contain the python tool, which has started giving errors since we upgraded to Alteryx 2019.2. If the Alteryx flow contains a python tool and is run through the list runner, I get the error "Internal Error: Unknown InitVar "IsDebugAnalyticApp". If I just run the workflow directly, everything works fine. Does anyone recognize this error? If yes, do you know how to resolve it?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
vepp
8 - Asteroid

@MichaelAd

Any workaround on this, we were stuck in the prod release due to this bug.

Moment we use crew macro it fails, individually it runs.

I think we need a priority fix. Please check and let us know.

JFR
6 - Meteoroid

Not a good workaround but I was able to have my main workflow that contains all my python code and use a "block until end" to order what needs to run first. So I remove python code from my subworkflow.

It worked for me but I agree with you and would like to see a fix!

JF

2020-07-16 python and list runner.png

juandiegocuervo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, something new?

vepp
8 - Asteroid

@juandiegocuervo  I think the bug is still not fixed. So workaround is the only option.

elinvangbo
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @MichaelAd, do you have any updates on this? 

All the best,

Elin

YEM
8 - Asteroid

+ 1 for a fix on this.  I use python a lot.  I use Crew runners a lot.  We need peanut butter and jelly!

fbfroes
5 - Atom

Does anybody know if this issue has been solved? I'm facing the same problem!

YEM
8 - Asteroid

It has not been solved. 

One good workaround is to use a run command tool to call a .py file, or the event tab to do the same.

Labels