Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python tool in combination with CReW list runner

Sem
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I use the CReW list runner to run a number of Alteryx workflows every day. Some of these workflows contain the python tool, which has started giving errors since we upgraded to Alteryx 2019.2. If the Alteryx flow contains a python tool and is run through the list runner, I get the error "Internal Error: Unknown InitVar "IsDebugAnalyticApp". If I just run the workflow directly, everything works fine. Does anyone recognize this error? If yes, do you know how to resolve it?

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I have some processes that use the same feature. I had no problem migrating to version 2019.2. I suggest that you copy the python code and delete the old python tool and put new from version 2019.2 and insert the code again and save.

[]

Sem
5 - Atom

Hi Geraldo,

copying the code to a new tool didn't work. For some reason the error sometimes disapears. I even have two idential flows, one of them works with the list runner, while the other doesn't. I've opened both in notepad to compare the xml, but I can't find any differences there. My next guess was that it had something to do with chached data, but the error occurs identically on two different machines, and keeps occurring after a restart.

Sem
5 - Atom

Alteryx just contacted me, this is a known issue in the software, so no there's no solution for now.

SundaralakshmiM
5 - Atom

Do we have any timeline on when we can expect this issue to be fixed. 

JFR
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, does anyone found a workaround in the meantime?  I face the same problem.

MichaelAd
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JFR ,

Customer Support is looking into this behaviour and will provide an update as soon as we can.

Thanks.

Michael Adler
Sr. Customer Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.

MichaelAd
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Sem ,

This is currently a known product defect, DE19008 with no known workaround.

Unfortunately, there is no current ETA for the release of a fix I can share.

Thanks.

Michael Adler
Sr. Customer Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.

jdrummey
9 - Comet

Hi,

For the first time I'm using ListRunner with a workflow that has has multiple instances of a macro with two Python tools and I get this error every time I use ListRunner..even when I try using just a single instance of the macro.

The only workaround I've been able to figure out so far is to copy the flow out of the macro and put that into the main workflow, so all the Python code is now in the main flow.

Jonathan

jdrummey
9 - Comet

Hi @MichaelAd , any updates on this?

Jonathan

Labels