Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python or Outlook DL

Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing good.

1. I currently have a deployed project in production, but we have a manual process for saving attachments to a shared folder.

2. I have integrated the Python code into Alteryx, but I am encountering an error in the UAT gallery.

3. In Alteryx, we have an Outlook input data tool that I would like to utilize, but I lack complete knowledge on how to do so.

either python code or Alteryx tool will work if we can successfully deploy in production 

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I've been doing a lot of testing with the latest version of the Outlook 365 Input tool.  Here are two issues I'm aware of:

1) Outlook 365 Input tool does not return metadata when email count is zero. On April 9, 2024: this issue has been logged as defect # GCSE-2177.  This problem causes strange behavior like: the Count tool returns zero records; a downstream Union tool may return zero records.

2) Under the Data tab, if you check the box for "Download attachments form emails": sometimes an email attachment will be listed in the output anchor of the Outlook tool, but the attachment won't be saved to a sub-folder listed under the path in "Download to", and the tool will not generate an error. This is a new issue I've noticed. I haven't created a support ticket for it yet.

I've needed to write an extensive workflow to verify the Outlook tool actually works like it's supposed to.

Chris

Ganesh123
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your reply. I have developed the Python code for this task, but I require assistance in resolving the error that occurs in the UAT gallery. 

Error Message : please find the attachment 

Labels