Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python or Alteryx

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

new project so I am asking a broad question.

Can we use alteryx to pull out and also read into another system to create tables? I was told to use Python but was wondering if Alteryx could do this?

4 REPLIES 4
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@Hi2023 - Yes.  As long as you have the appropriate access to create/write tables in the target system (database).  System certainly is a broad category but for example, I use Alteryx to query DB2 databases and then create/update records within QuickBase based on the DB2 data all within one workflow.

Hi2023
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for quick reply, its a company system. Do you know what I should research to learn this? 

thanks again!

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This question is absurdly open ended. It really depends upon your existing tech stack. Are you in IT? Are you a business user? How large is your company? What cloud environment do you run? Where are you running your python code? What are the points of pain in your development process? How many python developers do you have? Do they have bandwidth to maintain any new code? What are your databases? this kind of goes on forever. A good guide is to think of Polonius: do what works for your company. don't do what doesn't work for your company.

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@Hi2023 As @apathetichell  states, it all depends on your company.  If your company system has an API, then you may be able to utilize Alteryx in combination but you'll need to work within your company to get the appropriate advice/direction.  I only answered on a broad level.

Labels