Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Python Tool Jupyter Notebook File Workbook.ipynb

bchunn01
7 - Meteor

I have a question about having multiple Jupiter Notebooks. I am using the Python tool with Alteryx, however recently I copied the Python tool to a different worksheet for a new but related worksheet. I adjusted the python code for that new worksheet. When I went back to my original worksheet and python tool, I found that the original code had been replaced by the new code that I'd written for the updated version.   In doing some research, I found the location of the Workbook.ipynb.  I'm trying to understand the overall concept.  It appears to me, even if I import a new python script, it will get written to the same location and Workbook.ipynb that all the future Python tools reference.   If someone could please help me understand this, and how I can have multiple unrelated jupyter notebook files supporting multiple unrelated worksheets.  Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
kathleenmonks
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @bchunn01,

See this knowledge base article about this specific issue: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/DE28799-Duplicated-workflow-with-Py...

If this solves your problem, please be sure to mark as the solution!

bchunn01
7 - Meteor

Thanks @kathleenmonks for your response.  I used a version of the knowledge base article for the solution.   Solution B1 - Manually copy the code.  I copied to another Jupyter notebook, saved a copy, and then went back to the new tool to import the script.   Appears to be working. so thank you.   As a side note, I am using version 2021.1.3.22649, which the solution article mentioned resolved the issue. However, in the end your solution solve my  problem , so thank-you.

Labels