Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Publishing to Power BI

MonaAlmutairi
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone,

Does publishing to Power BI need a Microsoft PBI account? In my company it is not possible. is there any other way to connect between Alteryx output and Power BI?

I need my dashboard to read the Alteryx output directly from Alteryx, without the need to attach a path or something in my dashboard to read from an excel in some folder. :( "I want to automate the process."

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @MonaAlmutairi,

You need to either use the Microsoft Power BI Output Tool | Alteryx Help (which doesn't seem possible) or you need to output the data somewhere on your machine so PowerBI can use it. There needs to be a tool to tell Alteryx to put the data somewhere for PowerBI to then use.

Theoretically you could use an API via a Download tool, but I think you'll run into the same issue as the Microsoft Power BI Output tool. Good luck!

-Alex

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @MonaAlmutairi 

• You need a Microsoft Power BI Pro license to publish to the web.
  • The "Publish to the web" is the only way of sharing Power BI content through the service for free with users who don't have a Power BI account.

Please also see Microsoft Power BI Output Tool | Alteryx Help

Labels