Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server Error 400011 on Scheduler

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

I have one workflow scheduled everyday and get this error 5 days a week. I try to run on the Scheduler after it fails, it keeps getting this error.  When I open the same workflow on Desktop, the workflow runs successfully.  Is there anything I need to check or change?   This issue happens to only one workflow that needs to append the data to Tableau server. Other workflows run successfully every day. 

Alteryx Desktop - 2018.3.5

Tableau Server - 2018.3.3

Publish to Server Macro - 1.08.1 

Error: Designer x64: Tool #26: Tool #592: Record #1: Tool #18: Tool #4: Tableau Server API Request (Publish file) Error Code 400011: Bad Request -- There was a problem publishing the file '13258:fc7fe4bff10d405c8d648bb29d893917-3:0'.

11 REPLIES 11
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Watsa 

Could you please upload a copy of your workflow for us here?

If you have some sample data to share as well that would be some great help in troubleshooting.

Thanks!
Trevor

Community Moderator
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @Watsa 

Could you please upload a copy of your workflow for us here?

If you have some sample data to share as well that would be some great help in troubleshooting.

Thanks!
Trevor

Community Moderator
Watsa
8 - Asteroid

@TrevorS 

I cannot upload a copy of my workflow since it connects to our internal databases. I will try to create a workflow from a text input source and replicate the error then.

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

If that is too difficult, can you send a screenshot of the workflow and the tools mentioned in the error message? Especially of how the tool is set up!

Thanks,
Trevor

Community Moderator
Watsa
8 - Asteroid

This workflow has two outputs: Tool #350 with overwriting and Tool #324 with appending data.  There is no issue with overwriting data. The issue always happens with the Appending node.

Publish to Tableau server error 2.JPG

Below is the error message from Tool #324.  When I run the workflow outside scheduler, I still get the same error. Then I rerun again, the upload is successful.

Publish to Tableau server error 1.JPG

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

curious if you were able to figure this out. We have been using the connectors for a while but recently started getting the same errors.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
Watsa
8 - Asteroid

@Treyson 

Yes it is resolved. Sorry I did not update the status. The issue happened right after we upgrade our server to 2018.3. We sent to log files to Alteryx and Tableau. There was no issue on Alteryx side. Here is the instructions from Tableau Support after we provided them the logs. My Tableau admin team did the option 2 to test it out in our QA environment and it worked.  We have not rolled it out to our production server yet because we have to change service accounts in some internal sites.  So it your issue is different, you should reach out to Tableau support to find out. Hope this helps.

Based on the "Access is denied" error message, it appears that the issue may be related to the database file in the directory used by the extracts having the "ReadOnly" attribute. Only the default Run As Service Account (NT Authority\NetworkService) has permission to make changes to this file.

There are two routes that can be taken to address this:
    1. Change the Run As Service Account to the default NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService
Tableau Run as service account.png
        - Once this has been done, apply TSM pending change and reboot server

or

2. Manually remove the ReadOnly attribute from the hyper database file in the temporary directory. 
        - Based on the snippet provided, this appears to be: 
            D:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\data\tabsvc\temp\vizportal_0.20183.19.0123.2221\noopTemporary1230690939296851114\extract_{C8D05FBA-3EA8-4B63-A275-28365D9178BD}_o9pKpfpBuD\MITG Open order _copy_.hyper

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Interesting. Thank you for the followup! You should flag your response as the correct answer so that future answer seekers can refer to it.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
SabrinaCB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thank you so much for sharing your findings Watsa!

Sabrina Blanck
Sr. Customer Support Engineer – Connectors SME
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels