Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prompting Manual Input for Every Loop of Batch Macro

muddobber26
8 - Asteroid

I have a batch macro that runs 7-8 loops based on how many files are in a particular file location (using Directory tool). Each of the files is a "schedule scenario" based on a different schedule delay that we are trying to model. The schedules in the file will always be changing as we want to model a variety of different scenarios each week. What I need is a field called "Responsible" that either has the word "Employer" or "Contractor" entered depending on the scenario we want to model. So maybe for File #1, we want to model the delay based on the Responsibility being on the "Contractor" or next run of the macro we want to model it based on the Responsibility being on the "Employer". And I want to do this for every file (i.e., every row) that is pulled through the Macro. What I would like to have is a "prompt" that allows the user to fill in the "Responsible" column for each input file i.e., I need the user to input data for 7-8 rows of data. Is there a good way to do this? Will an app allow me an option to prompt a user dialog box for every loop of the batch macro? Or can I have a fully dynamic "table" they can fill out before running the macro? I want to make this functionality dynamic since the files will always be changing so I don't want to "hardcode" an input table.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

you cannot create a manul input on each run of a batch macro. you use chained apps to provide a dynamic input on the second run of an app. You can feed inputs from an app into a batch macro. 

Labels