Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Process files from a list of directories

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

I have a macro that I want to accept a list of folders to append the CSV files in each folder into a separate file saved back to that folder.

I want to use the Text Input tool to list the folders to work on and have tried both the directory tool and Input tool inside the macro but am not sure I am wiring it together properly.

The concept of feeding the macro a list of folders is what I am searching for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
nick_ceneviva
11 - Bolide

The attached files take a text input of directories into the macro.  And the macro output results in the directory information for the two file locations.  The control parameter and the source in the macro that you attached seems to be configured correctly.  What is the error that you are getting?

It would be helpful if you could also include the workflow that includes the macro in it.

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

Attached are some pictures of different settings, including the error messages. I did resolve the error this morning, with fresh eyes. 

For the benefit of others I have attached the corrected macro, and the calling program.

First the macro in completed form:

AlteryxBatchStacker.jpg

AlteryxErrors.jpgAlteryxCorrectedSettings.jpg

AlteryxOutputSample.jpg

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

New copies of the files if my firewall allows.

rgusaas
8 - Asteroid

Labels