Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problems with designated Macro file path and macros running off server

carl-meyer
7 - Meteor

Having an issue where my workflow with quickbooks macro runs completely fine in designer with the macro being saved to my C drive which is only accessible by me. But when I try saving the Macro in a designated macro folder and the running it on the server it says it cannot find the macro. And when I try updating the user macro settings and it designating that specific folder it gives me errors.

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you able to package the macro up with the workflow when saving it to the server? 

BrandonB_0-1658176469507.png

If you go to Manage Workflow Assets and make sure the box is checked next to the macro it should save up to the Server and run as expected. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Save the macro in a different path. (ie not the standard macros directory). Place in your workflow. Publish to Server (making sure you've clicked on the macro as part of your dependencies). That should work.

Macros saved in the standard Macros directory are not packaged as dependencies when uploading to Server.

carl-meyer
7 - Meteor

Already checked the box in the manage workflow dependencies, and I have the macro saved not in the alteryx standard macro directory but one that in theory i was told would work if I saved it on the server. I should also add it is a nested macro with the quickbooks macro as its first macro inside of it as well if that may shed some light

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Both macros should be saved outside of the macro directory - and you should be able to choose both macros in your workflow dependencies. If you can add them as workflow dependencies (and do) - and your workflow still can't find them when executing - you may be encountering a non-Macro related - ie the macros might be working but something else is off.

carl-meyer
7 - Meteor

what would be the issue if they both arent appearing in the workflow dependencies only one of them is?

Labels