Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with holding cache for several hours (incomplete loading)

AdrianSanchez
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow with several excels files as input, the total weight of the files is c. 1GB, first thing in the day I have not had any problem running the workflow but about 8 hours later the cache load of one of the files instead of loading 70ks records loaded 24ks also happened in the same workflow that a table as manual input cached along with the rest has not returned me any record after executing the stream.

This failure occurred without any warning from the program that the load was not correct so it could have passed an erroneous result to the client without being able to control the error.

Do you have any idea why this could happen and any way to avoid / control it?, could keeping a heavy cache for many hours cause it to become corrupted?

Thank you very much.

1 REPLY 1
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @AdrianSanchez 

Cache's are saved to temporary folders so the timing could potentially be an issue (I don't know enough about how that works technically to be certain). 

All a cache does is save a yxdb of the data. I'd suggest as a first step converting your large excels to a yxdb file, then using that yxdb file as the input to your workflow. 

Labels