Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem with File Browse Interface (on gallery only, seems to be in 2023.x Alteryx only)

rfoster7
9 - Comet

Having an issue with using the File Browse Interface on Gallery. It works locally, doesn't work on the Gallery. This USED to work on 2022.x version of Alteryx, So it seems to be some change in the post AMP world of 2023.x. 

At first i thought it was excel specific. but the same thing happens when I simplified it to CSV for this test. 

So here's the workflow: 

pic1.PNG

Super simple. Just an input with a template csv, and output and the file browse tool and action. 

The same thing happens if I package the "template" into the workflow or leave it as a network located file (that I know the server can access)

pic2.PNG

And lastly, here's the configurations of the file browse and the action tool and the output tool. All simplified as basic as I can get them for the test

pic3.PNGpic4.PNG

pic5.PNG

When I run this locally, it works as it should. It runs, it grabs the new file I pick with the file browse and writes it to the "output.csv" file embedded in the workflow and lets me open it. 

pic6.PNGpic7.PNG

The problem happens when I save it to the gallery and run it there. There it errors out and says "The File name is empty" (on the action tool)

pic8.PNG

I've tried this with multiple test files and multiple file formats. When I change it from "Update Input Data Tool (Default)" to Update Raw XML or Update value, it is obvious that the value being passed through the action tool is null(). For some reason its not sending the filename, file path, or file itself. Just passing null()

I've tried it with AMP both on and off. I've also unchecked the "Required" checkbox in the action tool When I do that, it runs, but it just processes the template file, not the file being picked by the user through the file browse. 

So this is new behavior to the file browse tool for me. In prior versions of Alteryx, this all worked great. Seems to be new to 2023. 

I'm finding LOTS of other posts from people on the community with similar issues. Most don't have a solution or solutions that only work locally or don't work for me. Hoping beyond hope someone knows what this is and if it can be fixed. 

I'm attaching the workflow and some test csv files. 

So the crux of the issue. File Browse ON Gallery sends null through the action tool. Locally, it works fine. 

0 REPLIES 0
Labels