Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with Dynamic Input + DCM

arunkumark_21
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

Refering to the article  : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/GCSE-747-The-Dynamic-Input-tool-wit...

I am still facing this issue which is a showstopper for using DCM.

DCM is an excellent feature to manage the dataconnection across environments and perfectly fit many of our use cases. But this bug is stopping us in using the feature. 

Is there any rollout plan on this item?

Thanks,

Arun Kumar 

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

It seems like you could dynamically edit the query with an Input tool inside a batch macro instead of the Dynamic Input tool. 

Batch macros can be used to turn any tool dynamic by using the control parameter to edit the XML of the tool inside. 

arunkumark_21
7 - Meteor

It is a great work around Charlie. But I think we dont need that cumbersome process now.

Sorry! I forgot to write back in this post.

Unlike the standard dynamic input, if we use DCM datasource+dynamic input when we try to replace a string in a query the entire string will not get displayed but rather the toolID gets displayed. This is just a confusing display but the feature is working fine.

arunkumark_21_0-1677723421101.png

On running the workflow the string which I want to replace seems to be getting replaced properly.

I am using 2021.4.2. Kudos to the team for fixing this issue. But would be nice to have display standardization between normal dataasource+dynamic input and  DCM source+dynamic input.

Thanks.

Labels