Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Price Tracking and Usage status

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear Community,

I would like to ask how do we able to track the price and check the usage status as per screenshot below. The objective here is we want to determine which factory that the item type not yet used.

Little background on this listing -

There are few factory in the list - CZ, JI , CJ and BH and two type - radio and televisyen. The usage flow sequence need to start from BH, CJ,JI to CZ accordingly.

Quantity (Input 1)

1. If we saw the ending balance for Radio, it is 1,121. We want to know the original balance that contribute 1,121. This can be done by tracking to Input 2

2. In the input 2, We need to follow the date accrodingly , it need to start from latest date of the month. In this case, the latest date in the listing starting from facotry BH will be 2021-05-13. At this date, there is 530 quantity under BH factory.  If we minus 1,121 against 530 , there is still remaining balance. We need to minus accrodingly until the remaining balance show negative balance. 

In this case, the date which will show negative balance is 2021-05-14 = -10 ( 1,121- 530-450-90-80-80). We just need to keep minus the balance until we get negative balance in the input 2.

If there is still balance after deducting everything in the current month , we need to start to deduct the prior month. In this case, the prior month will be April.

SH_94_1-1666344731163.png

I have attached the working below for your reference.

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@SH_94  I would highly suggest posting the workflow and what you've tried thus far. That way the community has an understanding of what you understand in Alteryx. See https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Resources/Posting-for-Fastest-Possible-Solution/t...

alinabo12
5 - Atom

I'm trying to read some Mainframe data file(txt format) with few packed decimals in Alteryx. I have created xml from the copybook and read the data file by specifying the xml. I'm able to read the text contents from the input file but the packed decimals are showing as special characters .

Could any of you guide me if there is any menthod availabe in Alteryx to read such columns? Thanks in advance.

alinabo12
5 - Atom

I tried to use TodayDateTime as sysdate equivalent and that did not help.

Labels