Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Prepopulate File Browse Interface Tool

cpet13
8 - Asteroid

Is there a way to prepopulate the file browse interface tool with something for the end user? In the majority of cases, though not always, they will be picking a file in a specific location that will remain the same. Can I have that general location be automatically populated for them when the file browse option displays, so they could just click finish immediately?

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I don't think this is possible, but instead you can have radio button ask the user if they want to use the default file or select their own file. Would that work?

Prepopulate File Browse Interface Tool.png

cpet13
8 - Asteroid

That is great to know I can do, thank you! I'm not sure this will work for my specific use case, however. I think I have found another way to get what I want, though.

cpet13
8 - Asteroid

Prepopulating the file browse tool doesn't seem possible, but I found that when you specify what file type they can choose in the Arbitrary File Specification option (All files types, excel files, etc.), instead of using *.xlsx or *.*, you can replace the first wildcard with the name of the file (eg. File.xlsx). Doing this, the user cannot choose any other file that has a different name or file type. 

Screenshot 2024-04-22 071235.png

Labels