Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Power BI Output tool issues

larissaconrad
5 - Atom

Sorry if these questions have been posted here before, but I cannot find a thread with similar issues to what I'm seeing.

I had a workflow set up to try to pull in data from a SharePoint file, process it, and then output to a new dataset in Power BI using the Power BI Output tool. I confirmed that the Power BI Output tool was properly connected to the right Client ID, Tenant ID, etc. and should have permissions to write to Power BI, but was continuously getting an error. To try to understand it, I instead output the data to a .csv file on SharePoint (the dataset is too large to use .xlsx) and then ran a new simple workflow to pull that file in and output to Power BI. However, that workflow also saw this error "Error: Power BI Output (1): Bad request syntax or unsupported method. Dataset must contain at least one table."

SP -- PBI issue.png

I first noticed that the data from the SharePoint file didn't even seem to pull in correctly - there was a warning that the file was not valid and the output of that tool was empty. SharePoint input and output tools have been working fine for me otherwise, so I wasn't sure if there was an interaction issue with SharePoint and Power BI tools. To test that theory, I then tried to re-run the workflow with a hard copy of the same .csv file on the local machine. In this instance, the data loaded properly from the input file, but I still saw the below error for the Power BI Output.

CSV -- PBI issue.png

And then finally, I then tried again with a different .xlsx file to see if the issue was related to the input file being a .csv and still found the same error.

XLSX -- PBI issue.png

In all of the above cases, I am trying to export to a new dataset in Power BI with the options selected as below:

PBI Options.png

Please let me know if anyone can help troubleshoot these issues. Thank you in advance!

0 REPLIES 0
Labels