Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Populate an excel template from 4 workflows

rohin92
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I want to populate fixed template (see attached) from 4 workflows that I have created in Alteryx.

See the highlighted cells in the template, they are to be populated from 4 sources.

Firstly the column names in the workflow output and the template is different.

Can I populate this template using some mapping that this data will go into this cell?

some cells have multiple inputs in template from more than 1 workflow which needs to be summed up.

I know this is very complicated but can anyone help?

This template and the cell locations will never change so even a hardcode type solution will work.

See the 3 attached screenshots.

Pivot Table 1 and 2 are Alteryx outputs and numbered from 1 to 4 column wise.

Template is the excel I need to populate. I have highlighted the row of "United Kingdom" in the template as an example, I need Column "AE" to be populated by a sum of columns marked as "1" in both tables, Column "AF" by a sum of columns marked as "2", so on and so forth.

Please guide me.

1 REPLY 1
lwolfie
10 - Fireball

What is the timing of when the workflows are run?  Could you output to separate files and then create a separate workflow that takes those outputs as inputs and combines them into one table?  The summing of multiple inputs is the difficult part.  Otherwise, you could output to a selected range.  When you select excel as the output, under the Specify a sheet is a checkmark to Specify a range.

Labels