Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Populate Time zone along with Timestamp

NidhinGD
7 - Meteor

Hi

I am trying to populate time zone is a DateTime field but i was not getting any option to do teh same.

Is this possible in Alteryx in some way.

Field Value : 2022-10-19 11:10:18

Required output : 2022-10-19 11:10:18 UTC

But the output field should remain as a date time field

If I use DateTimeFormat ([Datefield],"%Y-%m-%d %H:%m:%S %Z") is will give me Local Timezone, even if i apply DateTimeToUTC() prior to formatting

Formula used : DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToUTC(DateTimeNow()),"%Y-%m-%d %H:%m:%S %Z")

I understand that we can cast it to string and add UTC as a suffix. I am looking for an option if i can keep eth field as a DateTime field after adding the suffix (UTC)

Thanks in Advance

Nidhin David

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@NidhinGD unfortunately there's no way to maintain the DateTime data type whilst adding the time zone suffix. Alteryx only recognises ISO formats (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) and anything else will be processed as a string. Is there a particular use case you're precious to keep the data type for? Perhaps we can just adjust your downstream approach if so. Hope the info helps, more about DateTime here: https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/datetime-functions

NidhinGD
7 - Meteor

@DataNath 

Thanks. I was trying to avoid a query statement for Table creation. Since I am not able to add Timezone to the values, i have created a macro to create the required table as a Pre SQL in Output tool. That way i can keep the data type and value as needed.

Labels