Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Please help regarding "This cell has embedded newlines" error.

anonymous008_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi there,

I have imported dataset from source excel file where one column is not showing all the character values in the alteryx workflow instead i see error saying "This cell has embedded newlines" can someone please advise how to get rid of this error?

screenshot attached for your reference.

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @anonymous008_G this isn't an error as such i.e. it won't affect what's in the cell or cause your workflow to error - it's more just a warning that Alteryx isn't displaying everything in that cell in the browse anywhere view i.e. when you just click on the output of a tool. If you add a Browse tool to your workflow and then double click on the cell, you'll still be able to see everything that's held in it. Likewise when you write out to a DB or file or so on, everything will still be there!

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you want to clean out the newlines, you could use a Data Cleansing tool or a Text to Columns tool (with a new line delimiter \n) depending on if you want to do anything to the data. Otherwise as @DataNath @mentioned this is more of a warning than an error - it just how your data is being stored!

anonymous008_G
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Guys. This is helpful

Labels