Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Please Help with Conditional Formula to Identify 34 Months Prior to Today's Date

NagibP
5 - Atom

Good Afternoon All.

I am in need of some assistance writing a conditional formula that will return dates 34 months prior to today's date with the date in the column and anything else with a dummy date of 1900-01-01.

Example:
Source data has dates ranging from 09/23/2019 - 08/21/2023.

34 months prior to today would be 02/14/2021.

Every date from 02/14/2021 to current would need to show the date.

Everything prior to 02/14/2021 would need to show 1900-01-01.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I've tried several iterations with unsuccessful results (see below).

Thank you in advance.

if ToNumber(DateTimeMonth(DateTimeToday()))-tonumber(DateTimeMonth([Provider Payment Issue Date]))<=34 then [Provider Payment Issue Date] else "1900-01-01" endif

IIF([Provider Payment Issue Date] <= left(todate(datetimeadd(datetimetoday(),-1,'Month')),7)+'-34', '[Provider Payment Issue Date]', '1900-01-01')

if [Provider Payment Issue Date]<=DatetimeAdd(ToDate(DatetimeNow()),-34,'months') then [Provider Payment Issue Date] else "1900-01-01" endif

2 REPLIES 2
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@NagibP here is one way to do this. I would recommend breaking the elements of the formula into their own fields so it is easier to handle in piecemeal. Also, instead of the ToNumber(DateTimeMonth) conversion piece you are doing, I would recommend utilizing the DateTimeAdd function to find the testing date first, then using it as a field in a secondary formula. 

Formula logic

Solution 2.png

Final output

Solution.png

NagibP
5 - Atom

Thank you so much @rzdodson! You're a lifesaver!

Labels