Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pivot Table in Alteryx

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

Hey there! I am trying to alter the layout of some data to be easier to read. We have been manually doing this through excel pivot tables and want to automate it with Alteryx to look. Does anyone have any recommendations? I included photos of what I start with and what I need to end with below. Thanks!

tgilbert_0-1653314202112.png

tgilbert_0-1653314534681.png

7 REPLIES 7
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tgilbert,

Could you share a sample data instead of screen shot ?

It will help us to give you the solution.

Regards,

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

Here you go, thanks!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tgilbert,

Here you go :

messi007_0-1653323822885.png

Attached the workflow,

Regards,

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

Thanks @messi007 this is amazing! For the render tool, do you know if there is a way to set it up to auto name itself based on the location number? Eventually this workflow will be designed to run 100+ locations and I don't want to name all the files individually.

Also, we typically add some instructions in the first 3 rows above the worksheet. Do you know a way to have alteryx add that? I've attached an example of what I am talking about. Thanks for all the help!

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

Thanks @messi007 this is amazing! For the render tool, do you know if there is a way to set it up to auto name itself based on the location number? Eventually this workflow will be designed to run 100+ locations and I don't want to name all the files individually.

Also, we typically add some instructions in the first 3 rows above the worksheet. Do you know a way to have alteryx add that? I've attached an example of what I am talking about. Thanks for all the help!

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @tgilbert !

@messi007 might not have seen your post because I don't think the tag stuck.

Short answer is yes to both.

You can dynamically name the files by creating a filename with the formula tool.

You can add instructions to the top of the worksheet as a headers. There are many options for formatting your output in the Reporting category of tools.

Capture.JPG

Try it out and let us know if you need any further assistance.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@tgilbert,

Please see below the quick update. I'll let you update it according to your need :)

messi007_0-1653895380980.png

Hope this helps!

Regards

Labels