Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Pick values from an Excel sheet

sumanth0387
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to automate an task of mine. Which is everytime i have to copy values from an excel sheet and save them in an Monthly folder. The catch here is i do not need all the values mentioned in the sheet i pick only selected  values from the columns  How ever this will be same for every month. QQ: can i use alteryx to pick values and copy in an chosen destination. THis would be very helpfull for me in enhancing the use of alteryx more in my Organisation. I request to mention a work flow so that i can replicate it . 

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sumanth0387,

Is there any structure to what you want to pick - are we talking about single cells, or complete columns, or complete rows? In general you can use a select tool to select specific columns and tools like Filter or Select Records to specify the rows required. 

Since a single slect tool is already an example workflow for what you want, sharing a workflow seems to be not very helpful unless you are able to specify more clearly what the requirement is/share dummy data. 

sumanth0387
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Pick values from an Excel sheet  @rederikE So iam trying to pick values from specific cell. For Example I have attached the excel file Here i will be looing only specific cells data and i want to copy those cells. I pick values from the Alteryx test data Excel file and paste them in Book2 excel file. 

Labels