Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pick data from both tables and create a new table

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I asked a similar question but now the situation changed. I believe the original solution will not fit in this situation so I create a new post. Can anyone give me some suggestions on this table join issue?

lzhang775_0-1606277485657.png

Thank you so much in advance!

LEE

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lzhang775 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1606283990853.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1606284018277.png

Hope this helps 🙂 Feel to ask if you have any questions

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@lzhang775 
kindly give your comments

1125-lzhang775.PNG

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Hi Atcodedog05,

Thank you for your suggestion, this is pretty like my last answer. The length number in the sample is an easy one, but in fact, our system allowed 3 decimal, and this method may not work perfectly.

I am looking for a logic workflow if the left table can pick the right table data in order. do you have any suggestions?  

Thanks

LEE

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @lzhang775 

I do agree this is not efficient but this is one of the common way how stock allocation is solved.

I really dont know how else can it be solved and whether another method exists.

For any method chosen we need to split single quantity to each row and do a stock allocation.

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Understand, I will keep working on this one. thank you for your suggestion!!

LEE

lzhang775
7 - Meteor

Thank you, Qiu!

This method may closer to what I wanted. I may need to manipulate some steps, but your idea helped me! thank you!

LEE

Labels