Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Percentage Allocation Summation

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Hey all - 

Would appreciate any knowledge anyone can share. I'm trying to determine percentage contribution by product code according to product code sub_type. Data looks similar to the following.

EmployeeIDProduct CodeRevenueSubCategoryPercentage Contribution
John DoeRX8776XY765400Electrical100%
Jane DoeYY1231AB876200Plastic50%
Rick JohnRJ9876CC892200Plastic50%
Julie DoeJD7654DD876401Rubber100%

I know how to do this in excel. It's basically determining percent contribution based upon product code and subCategory. In the example above, Product code XY765 in subcategory Electrical was the only contributor - so % contribution is 100%. Likewise for DD876 under Rubber. However, AB876 and CC892 are both under plastic and both billed at $200; therefore percentage contribution of each was 50%. 

Can anyone offer any insight into how to achieve this? I'm trying to simply add on a new column to the existing table and call it percentage contribution and allocate accordingly.

Would appreciate any input.

Ryan

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @RHOWLETT 

A common way to reproduce a sumif in alteryx is to use the summarize tool and join or append the totals back to the dataset. For this instance:

1. Summarize revenue by subcategory
  2. Join totals by category back
  3. Compute percentage

Luke_C_0-1650496199579.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RHOWLETT 
I have answered a similar question yesterday, and modified it for your data here.

0421-RHOWLETT-01.PNG0421-RHOWLETT-02.PNG

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the knowledge share - that will work for my purposes.

Great idea.

Ryan

RHOWLETT
7 - Meteor

@Qiu 

Thanks for helping @QUI - I appreciate the knowledge share. I couldn't get what you showed to work, but the alternate solution posted by someone else should get me where I'm headed.

Thanks again!!!!

Ryan

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RHOWLETT 
Thank you for the feedback and good to know it gets resolved.

Labels