Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Password Encrypted Excel File Input

SR
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

I am trying to input a password encrypted file into the tool and i keep getting errors with the different methods that have been listed already.

1. I used the Password Protected Excel Input Tool  macro but it keeps failing and gives error : Password Protected Excel Data Input (1) Tool #21: Traceback (most recent call last): ¶ File "C:\Users\test\AppData\Local\Temp\1\Engine_59916_97ca0456372d456e8117d3ea014eed46_\9a00027d7ea638d2111388268ea2e498\workbook.py", line 18, in <module> ¶ with open(Alteryx.read("#1").iloc[0, 0], 'rb') as file: ¶FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\test\\Downloads\\Test Files\\123.xlsx' ¶

the directory is correct so not sure why it keeps failing.

2. Also tried a Excel decrypt method using R but that also fails : R (1) unserializeObject, XMSG
R (1) Error in library("excel.link") : there is no package called 'excel.link' (i have attached the excel workflow i am using for this but not sure why the library is failing as i have installed all the R packages)

any help would be appreciated. or any other method to decrypt the password of the excel file.

Thank you

S

2 REPLIES 2
Sarreddy
9 - Comet

Hi @SR 

I've tried it same scenario very long back. go through on below link might be get some thing.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Password-Encrypted-Excel-file-...

Deano478
12 - Quasar
Labels