Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Passing Dynamic Date Parameter -API Call

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I am working on a workflow which will make a RestApi call to pull data from a server. I am able to achieve this piece , the issue now i am having is to have the code to pull data based on dynamically passing data parameters based on a "appliedtodate" field . This field is a STRING field and i am not able to get this to work. 

I used the following api call in the Input Tool of the Alteryx WF snippet shown below (where i am passing the url for the "download" tool) .

I get the following error message after executing the WF. Am I doing something wrong ? 

I would really appreciate if i could get some direction to resolve this query. 

Internal server error encountered while processing the following request

callquery.PNG

awf_api_snippet.PNG

Thank you very much. 

MD

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @MD2050, judging by the screenshot you provided it looks like the DateTimeFormat and DateTimeParse formulas are being used within the Text Input tool. I would suggest restructuring your workflow to move these calculations inside the formula tool. Alteryx functions by design only work within the formula and filter tools. Something like the screenshot below:

AbhilashR_0-1592180687923.png

Also, make sure you test the output of the formula tool to see if the output string look appropriate for you to download using the Download tool.

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @AbhilashR -

The logic worked perfectly. 👍

Labels