Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Parsing or possible iterative macro help request

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me solve a problem.  I've got a project (called 'Get groceries' in my data) with several tasks and subtasks involved (make list, find keys, etc).  I'm looking to parse out the task numbers to show the task hierarchy split into different columns.  The number of tasks and subtasks will not be static.  I'm not explaining this very well but the data example and desired result pictures and workflow do a better job of showing what I'm looking for.

I'm feeling like either an iterative macro or the text to columns tool with some multi-row formulas is the way to do this but can't quite suss it out.   Data example.jpgDesired Result.jpg

I'm using Designer Version 2021.4.2.47802 currently.  Also attaching a super basic workflow with the data input and desired result.  Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to explain it better.  Thanks everyone; I appreciate any help I can get!

Bren

4 REPLIES 4
TimN
13 - Pulsar

Seems to work...

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@Bren312 another way of doing this

Solution.png

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Awesome; thanks so much @TimN!  This is just what I needed.  I knew I was close with splitting to rows and using multi-row but couldn't quite get it across the finish line.  Much obliged and all the best!

Bren

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @rzdodson; I appreciate the help!  

Labels