Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Parse error with Power Bi Output Tool

bersocha
7 - Meteor

Hi community.

I´m getting the following error using the Power Bi Output tool:

Error: Power BI Output (101): Bad request syntax or unsupported method. Error parsing request for dataset sobe_wowvirtualserver|ecb5079c-b7a2-4df6-88c8-d7f59da9979c: Error encountered by JSON parser when reading input data for column '<pi>Estimated Deployment Date</pi>': <pi>Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: 1. Path 'rows[0]['Estimated Deployment Date']', line 1, position 1188.</pi>

This is the concatenates I´m using for the dates:

Alteryx Error.JPG

Appreciate any help on this.

6 REPLIES 6
jimgillespie
5 - Atom

I am having similar issues for Date format.  I have been reading about limitations, but any support on this would be greatly appreciated.  Next step is working with Dataverse to accomplish the mission of creating datasets for Power BI.

BilliePaul
5 - Atom

Same error here. I had a TXT file as input that brough in the date as a V_String.  I then converted the date fields using the DateTime in the Alteryx Workflow.  When I try to output to PowerBI I get the JSON parse error

BilliePaul
5 - Atom

I reformatted the date using the DateTimeFormat([Date Field],'MM/dd/yyyy') and it successfully loaded.  I found a blog post for PowerBI that says it matters what format your system setting is in when you load to powerBI. Not sure if that is accurate, but changing it to the MM/dd/yyyy fixed it and that matches my system setting.   

Ossama59
5 - Atom

yeah I did the same as i read that the power bi api only accepts date format in ISO, but even after converting the date fields to ISO usign datetime tool in Alteryx it still won't accept the data! 
can someone help me with this if there is something wrong I'm doing 

the field after formatting 

Screenshot 2023-10-26 163019.pngScreenshot 2023-10-26 163126.png

and the error generated:
Error: Power BI Output (1): Bad request syntax or unsupported method. Error parsing request for dataset sobe_wowvirtualserver|3de57128-93d8-49ed-aa6d-93bab25b99ef: Error encountered by JSON parser when reading input data for column '<pi>Inspection Date- formatted</pi>': <pi>Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: 1. Path 'rows[0]['Inspection Date- formatted']', line 1, position 468.</pi>

I'm using the latest version of power bi output tool v3.3.1

thais_teixeira
5 - Atom

Pessoal, estou com esse erro e já tentei varias coisas e não resolve, alguem já passou por isso 

Error: Saída do Power BI (173): Falha ao inserir dados em "table1" - None.

kaushal_kharkwal
5 - Atom

To resolve the issue in alteryx you can use the datetime tool, the key thing you have to mind when changing the format and publishing to PowerBI if the date format is in (dd-mm-yyyy) format you need to use (mm-dd-yyyy) format and it will parse the date field correctly also you need to unselect the old date field before you pass the values to powerbi workspace.

Hope this helps.

Kaushal

Labels