Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Page Layout after multi Join of report snippets

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

I am having trouble getting my reporting snippets organized in the output. I used a multi join tool to bring them together and a layout tool after that to arrange them in the output. when i check the browse, the order has not changed. I attached the current rendered output. My issue is the header and first table are at the bottom, where I thought the layout tool after my multi join could fix this.

Jon_Taylor_0-1615567261588.pngJon_Taylor_1-1615567287222.png

Jon_Taylor_2-1615567496695.png

Thanks,

Jon

5 REPLIES 5
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Jon_Taylor 

Tough to tell but probably you have arranged something the wrong way in those layout tools or you have renamed something that's not what you think it is. Worth double-checking that those 3 connections feed in snippets to the Join tool in the format that you expect them to have.

Hope that does it, I can't see anything that I would do differently, probably instead of joining on the Layout name, I would join on record position if you have a single record per stream.

Cheers,

Angelos

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

I am looking over everything. I think it has something to do with the way the layouts are coming out of the multi join tool.I am going to try and get it all in one column as I feel this may be way the layout is not updating the positions on the output.

Jon_Taylor_0-1615573134880.png

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the tip. because it made me dig deeper into the data and find the above issue coming out of the multi join.

Through trial and error and what is probably not the best way to have the workflow. I managed to fix my issue.

First i configured the join tool to join on record position to put all snippets in one row. From there I added record ID to give me a column to transpose on. Then I used the transpose tool to make it one column. I have the layout tool picking up that column which seems to work. I do want to try it with no lay out tool to see if it is just rendering the snippets based on the order of the new column I made. 

Jon_Taylor_0-1615574088227.png

Jon_Taylor_1-1615574127601.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Happy it helped @Jon_Taylor ,

I think you can achieve the same output by omitting the recordid and transpose tools, so have the Join multiple tools feeding data directly to your layout.

You can then structure the sequence that your fields appear by setting the layout to vertical and moving the snippets up or down using the arrows to control which one appears first.

AngelosPachis_0-1615578416304.png

Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

@AngelosPachis  That is what I had originally as the training videos showed. but no matter how I changed the layout tools configuration, the data was appearing in the reports the same way every time as if it was just flowing through that tool. Which I could not understand. 

I have the same screen shot in my original post where it was not ordering it correctly. I can't see what your top drop down is but I had it set to "each individual record"

Labels