Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF to Excel data export issue

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

im trying to export the PDF data as it is to Excel but it is not working as expected. Kindly help me to resolve this issue. I have attached expected Excel Output file.

Thanks

Niranjan

23 REPLIES 23
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@NiranjanK1 , How are you importing the PDF into Alteryx? Can you share the flow / a screenshot of the flow?

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton  I tried with all avilable workflows avilable in Alteryx community but im getting error. none of workflows are working. I just tried with forum workflow. i havent build any, not sure where to start. 

Deano478
12 - Quasar

@NiranjanK1 for PDF inputs in general you will need to have Intelligence suit installed for you designer. 

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@NiranjanK1 , https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/PDF-Input/ta-p/887038

this one has always worked for me, have you tried it? If so, what errors are you getting?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @NiranjanK1 

You could either use some public gallery tool/alteryx intelligence suite/python/R. The problem that this pdf seems to have is that it does not contains basic references for the tool to parse it, like gridlines and proper alignment. I believe that you would have problems with any selected tool because of this, the tool wouldnt know how to properly separe the column/rows:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1676549041942.png

So, if you can talk with someone to configure gridlines/proper alignment for these files, it will help a lot.

I was able to parse it using python + tabula library with the attached workflow. But as you can see, the tool is not knowing how to do the job properly because of the above commented issues:

Felipe_Ribeir0_2-1676549489109.png

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 Thanks very much for your inputs i will talk to them definitly . 

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@FinnCharlton Sure, i will chec, thank you

NiranjanK1
8 - Asteroid

@Felipe_Ribeir0 It is not working for me, Do i need to install any package

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Yes, run Alteryx as admin, so this piece of code will be run properly:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1676558784645.png

then change the directory tool to point to the directory that contains the pdf files and run the workflow.

Labels