Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outputting multiple tables with different schema in multiple sheets

rs1
7 - Meteor

Hello Guys,

I am a newbie in the Alteryx environment and there is one thing I couldn't figure out even after reading multiple community threads.

I have 2 tables, with all but one same columns-

1.png

I need to output these to one excel file, which has multiple sheets and each sheet named after the values of "Dimension" column. Each sheet should have 2 tables as follows:

2.png

Any help would be great help. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rs1 

The best way to do this and not worry about how many rows, it would be to transform it in a table and output it via the render. See the workflow below using your dataset as well as the output file.

pedrodrfaria_0-1613736242546.png

Pedro.

carlosteixeira
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @rs1 

Take a look this workflow

Carlos A Teixeira
rs1
7 - Meteor

Hi @pedrodrfaria!!

Thank you so much for the solution, that worked perfectly for my use case. 

If it won't take much of your time, can you suggest any method wherein we can omit the "Dimension" column from the final output (from all the sheets).

Thanks a lot,

Roopan

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @rs1 

I updated the workflow. See below.

rs1
7 - Meteor

Hi @pedrodrfaria,

I tried de-selecting "Dimension" in the select tool added at the end of the workflow. SOmehow its not working, even though my workflow is same the one you uploaded.

In the file uploaded by you, its working fine.

Are there any other changes to be made than adding that select tool and deselecting "dimension"?

Thanks,

Roopan

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

In the Table tool, removed this column.

rs1
7 - Meteor

@pedrodrfaria, Thank you so much for your help. 

Labels