Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all, 

I have two output of my alteryx workflow, what I'm looking for is to have these two output in one excel file and each output in a sheet of this excel file. Is it possible ?

3 REPLIES 3
morr-co
10 - Fireball

Hi @Feras95p - attached is a mock-up of how you can write different sheets to the same Excel workbook. I highly recommend using the Block Until Done tool to prevent concurrency issues - your workflow may error indicating that another process is using the file.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 4.48.10 PM.png

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi  @morr-co, thanks for helping !

Actually what I meant is that, in my workflow I have two outputs I want these two outputs to have them in one excel file and each output in a sheet of that file. So, I need a tool that takes as input these outputs and gives me one output excel file contains two sheets each sheet for an output.

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Feras95p 

This is a sample WF that outputs to the same file but different sheets two different branches from a workflow.

All you have to do it set up to be the same file as an output in the output data. Sometimes depending on the structure you should use a block until done to make sure it will run smoothly. 

pedrodrfaria_1-1609200625303.png

Pedro.

Labels