Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to Multiple Tabs

ll98
9 - Comet

@Qiu   I think you have helped me in the past but just can find the solution.  Basically I have a workflow where I need to create separate sheets on the same file.  I would like the name of Fund to be label as the sheet names. And  I want to create a Fund total per sheet based on the amount.

1. Label the sheet as the Fund

2. Total per sheet by Amount

ll98_0-1616196568048.png

5 REPLIES 5
CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @ll98 

Is this what you're looking for? (See attached)

CarliE_0-1616198809849.png

Mark as a solution if you found this helpful 🙂

Have a nice weekend.

Carli
ll98
9 - Comet

@CarliE   Quick question -- How can I make the file unique to the run -- Like if want to add a Date run to the file itself.....Cause this file will run on a monthly basis...

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ll98 

When you are saying add date run to file is it file name or something else ?

ll98
9 - Comet

Basically when the file is created  -- I want it to differentiate when its executed again --- For example ..  Holdings File March 11,2020.xls

so when its run next time -- it will be lets  said Holdings File April 15, 2020  

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ll98 

Adding on to the previous workflow. In this scenario we need a dynamic name and data split into sheets.

This can be done by generating the file name with sheet and passing it to output tool to create the file. If you want to output this to specific path add path before filename.

atcodedog05_0-1616263576185.png

Here i am creating the file name where MutipleTabs followed by date is the filename and fund2 gives the sheet name which is passed to output tool. And output tool is set to change path based on file name which creates the file.

atcodedog05_1-1616263728198.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels