Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output to Excel error because of field contents?

Jake_NG
7 - Meteor

I have a dataset of help desk tickets. When I output to excel, I receive the following error when opening:

Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

Research on this thread indicate people having similar issues when updating a sheet with an existing pivot table, too long of a tab name, or other problems that I do not have. I took my dataset and isolated the error to a single field - a "ticket description" field which has basically all the service notes and is sometimes very long. The original data source opens fine in Excel, but when I put it in Alteryx and simply output the input file in another Excel file, it causes that error. The field type is V_WString. How come Excel can handle the lengthy field, but when Alteryx processes it it does it in a way Excel cannot handle? Is there a workaround for this? Much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Jon_Taylor
8 - Asteroid

I do not know for sure but I would check the output and file type of excel output. Sounds like you may be inputting a regular .xlsx but may be outputting in a different file type such as (2003-2007) or .csv where those file types may not support the data your outputting( ie specific formulas)

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

this may be the result of the Excel Driver running out of space on a particular field - we see this sometimes on DB connections.

If this is the issue - you can use an auto-field or a select tool to trim the field size back to a smaller character count to see if that works as a workaround.

benberg
5 - Atom

Dear alteryx Community,

I am running into the same error: Worksheet corrupt - Excel asks me whether I want to repair it.

The corrupt line is: 

Removed Records: Formula from /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part

I truncated all fields to max 60 chars. I have no formulas in my output. The sheet I am writing to is called "data". So no sheet1 exists in the output strangely. I tried renaming, deleting & re-creating the file. Also I repaired the file in Excel and just replaced the sheet in the Alteryx output tool. I included the 'wait until done'-node.

Dear Community - any other ideas?

File has roughly 100k lines and the output size is aprox. 27 mega.

Aviator0807
8 - Asteroid

@benberg Did you happen to find a solution to your problem? I am having a similar issue. 

moriorenaws
5 - Atom

Having similar issue and no one to talk to in Alteryx Support. Please help

Labels