Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output in multiple tabs

griseldagomes
7 - Meteor

Hello Experts,

I have the below set of data where I am looking to segregate the data into separate sheets on the same file (colours in this case).
I started with the formula tool to categorize them with relevant tags (colour) and then used multiple filter tools considering there were more than 2 types of colours and finally used the block until done tool prior to connecting them to the same output file. However, the results are not displaying as expected. Could you please advise how can I get this done.

Also is there a way to sequence the tabs in the output file as per one's requirement?

DateQualityFruit/VegetableColour
01-MayHighAppleRed
02-MayMediumOrangeOrange
03-MayHighGrapesGreen
04-MayHighWatermelonRed
05-MayLowMangoYellow
06-MayMediumPineappleYellow
07-MayHighKiwiGreen
08-MayMediumPotatoBrown
09-MayLowTomatoRed
10-MayHighSpinachGreen

TABS:

RedOrangeGreenYellowBrown

2 REPLIES 2
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @griseldagomes ,

Output Data tool can be configured to meet your requirement.

Output Data tool configuration

Use "Change Entire File Path" option.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1683373319469.png

To feed the file path to Output Data tool, you need to edit it with Formula tool beforehand.

Expression in Formula tool

Path = ".\Colors.xlsx|||" + [Colour]

Result Window

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1683373582326.png

Output Excel sheets

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1683373737415.png

As you see the result window and the output excel sheets, it seems the Sheets are ordered in alphabetical order.

So if you want to order in a different way, you may need to add prefix in the sheet name (e.g. 1_Red, 2_Yellow, 3_Green, etc.)

I hope this helps.

griseldagomes
7 - Meteor

@Yoshiro_Fujimori Yes it did help. Thank you so much

Labels