Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output display issue from Gallery execution

arkimp
アステロイド

i am using Anlytical app which calls a macro. Analytical app has 2 outputs and it is working fine and Displaying OUTPUT FILES when we run as a Analytical app form the Designer.  If we run same from the Private Gallery,  it is not Displaying OUTPUT  files, Please let me know, how to fix the issue.

14件の返信14
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @arkimp - If you want to see your results on the gallery you either need to add Output Data tools and save to yxdb or you need to use a Render tool.

arkimp
アステロイド

i don't need to output to be displayed .  just a popup message with output file name should be enough as it was displayed in Designer. (please check Designer output). Same as Designer output, it should be displayed in Gallery output.

DavidSkaife
パルサー

Hi @arkimp 

When you uploaded the workflow/app to the gallery what did you select for the workflow assets?

Upon saving the workflow to the gallery there is an option to manage workflow assets, going into this will allow you to select/deselect what elements of the workflow are included in the package or not

DavidSkaife_2-1655194900370.png

You will need to uncheck the output(s) to ensure the files are not included as part of the package, and will allow you (or other users) to download the data once its ran

DavidSkaife_4-1655195122849.png

arkimp
アステロイド

I did selected output in the 'Manage workflow assets'. But still it is not displaying output file in the Gallery.

arkimp_0-1655207716795.png

DavidSkaife
パルサー

Hi @arkimp 

By ticking it you're telling the workflow that the output files themselves are part of the workflow so they won't display as output in the gallery. Try re-uploading and this time untick the outputs.

Edit: here's a knowledge base article about it that may help as well - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Assets-and-Packaging-Workflows/ta-p/4...

arkimp
アステロイド

i did re-uploaded after UN-CHECKING all the OUTPUT files, but still having same issue.  Not able to pop-up required output files.

DavidSkaife
パルサー

Hi @arkimp 

Ok, another thing to try - Open the Interface Designer, go to Properties and check what the 'On Success - Show Results to User' has ticked:

DavidSkaife_0-1655304641550.png

arkimp
アステロイド

Yes. Output files  got selected in the Designer properties.

arkimp_0-1655307445538.png

DavidSkaife
パルサー

Hi @arkimp 

Ok, so another thing to try/check - what is the output file path; is it a UNC or relative path? If it's outputting to a network location then that may be why it cannot be seen in thegallery, and it should be changed to a relative path such as .\filename.xlsx

ラベル