Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output display issue from Gallery execution

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

i am using Anlytical app which calls a macro. Analytical app has 2 outputs and it is working fine and Displaying OUTPUT FILES when we run as a Analytical app form the Designer.  If we run same from the Private Gallery,  it is not Displaying OUTPUT  files.

When I select output files which are there in inside the Macro, those were displaying in Gallery Output. But,  Output files which are there outside Macro were not displaying in Gallery output. 

14 REPLIES 14
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @arkimp, how are you displaying your output when the app/macro execute (can check this in the Interface Designer using ctrl+alt+D)? If you currently use a Browse tool then this will work fine in Designer, but is disabled in gallery. You’ll want to switch your output to something like a .yxdb from the Output Data tool or a .pcxml from a Render tool.

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

I am using output tool (XLSX file)  and writing to two different sheets. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Ok. In terms of actually outputting the file, are you doing so to a relative filepath (.\output.xlsx for example), or packaged with the workflow? If you're not doing either of these, the file will still be written but won't be displayed in gallery.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Relative-Paths/ta-p/1160

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

To add on to @DataNath , if your output is to an Excel file, you'll still need to make sure the Output file is checked in the Interface Designer.  This will not display the s/s in Gallery but will allow the user to download the output once complete.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1656507496463.png

Robin_McIntosh_1-1656507547236.png

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

I tried with both the ways (relative path and absolute path).  both has same result. And i also checked the Output tools in the Interface Designer.  

Output files which are used inside the Macro are Displaying in the Gallery.  Output files which are in outside the Macro are not Displaying in the Gallery. 

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

Yes. I did selected in Interface Designer.

Output files which are used inside the Macro are Displaying in the Gallery.  Output files which are in outside the Macro are not Displaying in the Gallery. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Are you able to share your workflow at all? Or at least some screenshots of the key tool configurations that could be causing this? Output Data, Render, Interface Designer setup etc? It's a little hard to try and diagnose the issue without seeing how your flow is setup, especially if you're definitely following the usual steps.

arkimp
8 - Asteroid

I have attached few screen shots which might help you.  

For Outputs, i have tried using with both Relative path and Absolute path. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Have hopped off my laptop for now but the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is making sure that the workflow dependencies are set up right, just with the macro files working fine and those that rely on the output of the macro not. You can configure these in Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies and try changing them to all relative/UNC.

Labels