Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output data to the dynamically inputted file

CindyZ
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have been working with data from an excel inputted using the dynamic input tool. I would like to update those same data and output them onto the same input file (which name was dynamic). Would anyone know how that could be done?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@CindyZ 

You can utilize the below option in Output tool to dynamically change the path of output files for each record.

To specify sheet name, insert triple bars ||| after file name like;

....\output_excel.xlsx|||Sheet1

You can create dynamic path name by Formula tool or something, and specify that field in the below config.

image.png

CindyZ
5 - Atom

@gawa

Thanks for your reply. Since I already have a file linked to the output tool, how would I be able to link the dynamic path name from the formula tool into the area you specified?

Thanks!

alt.png

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@CindyZ 

As I cannot specifically advise, kindly share your work flow in yxzp. (Option=>Export Workflow) here.

CindyZ
5 - Atom

@gawa

In the zip folder you would be able to see the workflow, the "Sample Doc 11-29-2023" which is the dynamic input file (due to the date that changes everyday), and "11-2023" which is the output file generated from the workflow (which content I'd like to update back into the "Sample Doc 11-29-2023" file, "Report" tab, columns A to H and N to O starting from row 2).

In short, the goal is to have the content of the "11-2023" file be updated back into the "Sample Doc 11-29-2023" file, instead of generating a new "11-2023" file.

Please note that the input file is a random file that I created but includes features that I would need to keep in the input file (e.g. macros and preset formulas).

Thanks a lot!

Labels