Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output a hyperlink to file location

ckestler
8 - Asteroid

Is it possible to output a hyperlink to a file location with an app in the Analytics Gallery?

I am trying to output a formatted excel file using a template.  It works in the Alteryx Designer, but not when I save the app to the gallery, the output is no longer formatted. 

I have come up with an alternate solution, using the the xlsx package in an R node. Using this package, I can format the excel file and save to a specific file/location. I would like to output this location in the gallery app, so the user can just browse on their own to see the formatted output. Is this possible?

4 REPLIES 4
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ckestler Have a look at @michael_treadwell's first response to this post. For the link to display to the end user, you will just want to have the report tool save a specific output file like "test.pcxml".

Let me know if that doesn't solve your problem.

ckestler
8 - Asteroid

Because I am trying to link to a specific file location, this is not exactly what I wanted, but it will work. 

I ended up using a browse tool that displays the file path, then the user can copy/paste the path to browse to the location on their own. Thanks! 

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

You may want to explore the "file:///" path instead of "http://", but glad to see this is working!

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
ckestler
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, this also does not work for me in the gallery. 

Labels