Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Excel File Error Repaired XML - ALTERYX TEAM PLEASE FIX THIS

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Greetings everyone.

I come once again here to express my frustration with this OLD BUG that alteryx has when trying to preserve the format of excel sheets with multiple outputs.

This is a bug known for 3 years already and there are still people like me suffering with it. 

"We found a problem with some content...Do you want to try to recover as much as we can?' Once I click yes, I then receive this pop up: 'Removed Records: Cell Information from /xl/worksheets/sheet12.xml part'"

This just BROKE my excel with all my formulas and now I have to start all over again.

Is there any prospected target fix date or any workarounds that work? On many posts here there are no solutions for this yet.

Joker_Hazard_0-1651063324096.png

Joker_Hazard_0-1651063405944.png

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Joker_Hazard 

As a workaround you could try using the python tool to write to the cells directly excel - Write values to a particular cell in a sheet in pandas in python - Stack Overflow. Also don't know if it is causing the issue but you could move all the calculation to Alteryx instead of DAX formulas in Excel?

All the best,

Ira

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hi Ira. 

I cant move to alteryx those formulas and even if I did, what is causing this error is the formatting. Alteryx is not able to read properly formatted excels.

Unfortunatelly alteryx team for some reason is not present on those posts when we need them. I am really frustrated and sad. Been 4 years already paying this expensive license and no solution so far.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Joker_Hazard 

I've had a similar problem, so if you'd like, please submit one sample data.xlsx file with formatting & formulas and let's try a workaround?

IDDescriptionVersionIssue Status
TPM-399The Output tool "Preserve Formatting on Overwrite" setting for XLSX files behaves inconsistently depending on whether the XLSX was last saved by Designer or Excel.2021.3.4.00445Fixed
Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey mate. Thanks for the help. 

Here you go, sample data exported to excel.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi,@Joker_Hazard 

Base your xlsx file, the output kept cell's formatting like "0.000000"  in columns C/D/E/F .  (myabe you can use alteryx v2022.1 to try it.)

001.png002.png

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Flying008, may I ask you to send me this workflow please?

Thanks for the help, will try to run some workflows like this and see what happens :)

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Joker_Hazard 

I didn't save the file. As you can see, there is no special setup for the workflow, I just think individual versions have good compatibility in preserving formats, while most versions maybe have bugs. because I have done comparative experiments long times.  (If you can, please try the v2022.1.1 now for test it.)

jcheming
6 - Meteoroid

I am also encountering this issue when writing function strings containingXLOOKUP(). I've attached a sample workflow that demonstrates the output tool injecting an "@" into the string of the Excel formula with XLOOKUP(). 

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @jcheming 

Maybe the stick like ms365 and array formula, so if you can, please try other office version[e.g. 2016] to valid it again.

Labels