Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Error

AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hello All, 

Please i need help in the following error, the workflow has multiple outputs that all in one excel sheet in different tabs. 

it has around 9 outputs that is working fine, i receive only 4 output errors. Please advise.

Error: Output Data (74): Unable to open file for write: C:\Users\amansour008\Desktop\Digital Transformation\Egypt directory\ECPC\JV's\Output\JE's testing report.xlsx Error Opening file: C:\Users\amansour008\Desktop\Digital Transformation\Egypt directory\ECPC\JV's\Output\JE's testing report.xlsx
: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Are you using a block until done tool before that output? 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hello Joshua, 

Yes, I am. I can't share the workflow itself because of data confidentiality but please find a screenshot of the WF. 

AbdullahMansour90_0-1610201251303.png

EdP
Alteryx
Alteryx

Additional suggestions can be found here:  https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Error-writing-Excel-file-to-Shared-Drive

Ed Phelps
Sr CSE
Alteryx
Labels