Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Error

Jorddrick
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am running a workflow where I am trying to create one excel workbook with three tabs that update from the same flow and it is now giving me the following error:

Error: Output Data (58): Unable to open file for write: Folder/fil name.xlsx - Attempt to open a file that is already open: Folder/fil name.xlsx: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. (33)

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Jorddrick 
Can you be sure that someone or maybe you is opening the file?

The error inidicates someone is opening the file, which makes it unaccessible for Alteryx.
Try a different file name and we would know

Jorddrick
5 - Atom

I closed every input and retried with a different name and it keeps giving me the same error. However, when I run the initial excel output , then delete the connections to that output, I can then run and add the extra tabs without the error. Hope that makes sense.  

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Jorddrick 
Can you tell us how do you output the 3 tabs for one Excel?

If directly by sheet names, that might cause the file locked as well.

We normally use this one I think.Capture1.PNG

Jorddrick
5 - Atom

The original output:

Jorddrick_0-1607125886645.png

second tab that I am trying to add to that output using a different tab name of course.

Jorddrick_1-1607125954980.png

Hi @Jorddrick 

I am including a WF that shows how this could be configured. Hope it helps. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1607126180728.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Jorddrick 
@christine_assaad  shares the same with my previous snapshot, we should use the function of output tool for multiple worksheets.

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Jorddrick 

Do you write into one excel file by some Output Data tools?

If then, you can use Block Until Done tool.

You have to insert them before Output Tool.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1607134837335.png

Labels