Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output Data to make multiple worksheets in one excel workbook

Travis_Ratliff
8 - Asteroid

I have attached a sample data that I have made to mimic my data.

What I have is a workflow that filters my data based on different criteria and I want to then create an excel workbook with a different worksheet that is named in the formula with the date and time that it is ran for each filter. I want to include the date and time in it because I will be running this workflow multiple times and want to see when it was ran easily.

I am not getting any errors when running my workflow but it is also not creating my excel workbook

Any help would be appreciated with this. Please let me know if there are any questions 

4 REPLIES 4
ConnorK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Travis_Ratliff ,

For this I would try changing the whole "File / TableName" with the Sheet Name + DateTime value for each new sheet. Please see the workflow posted below. Please note that you will need to change the location that the outputs save to once you save the workflow on your machine.

Best,

Connor Kelleher
Senior Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Travis_Ratliff
8 - Asteroid

This got the workflow to create the spreadsheets which I appreciate. However, can I make them into two different sheets in the same excel workbook?

ConnorK
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Travis_Ratliff in the below workflow the two outputs go to the same workbook. Note the block until done is key so that alteryx is not writing to the excel workbook simultaneously.

Connor Kelleher
Senior Sales Engineer
Alteryx
Travis_Ratliff
8 - Asteroid

Travis_Ratliff_0-1663705722556.png

When I change your output to mine and run it I get two different files and when I open it I get this error message. Any idea why this could be? Is it just something on my end? Also if I had 30 different filters would I just add 30 different block until done commands?

Labels