Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Output Data Tool

AgnesL
7 - Meteor

In the output options drop down menu, I pick "create new sheet" and it will export starting at cell A1. Is there a way to export to start at a specific cell like A3? 

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AgnesL mention the range where you want to write your output in the output tool

image.png

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Output-to-a-specific-range-in-...

AgnesL
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Thank you. How should I write the range when the Sheet name is "dynamic"? Also, the range might change each month depending on the sales but I know the fields should be A3:Z3. Would that cause a problem? Thank you.

2024-03-05_07-41-45.jpg

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AgnesL you can make it dynamic by predefining the FullPath. Sample attached

AgnesL
7 - Meteor

@binuacs  I couldn't get it to work..... not sure if it is because the "Sheet Name" column is fixed. I have a big data file that needs to split into different sheets with 10,000 records per sheet and I want to export it starting in cell A3. I think the new range column is fixed to "Sheet 1" so it doesn't work?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@AgnesL Can you provide a sample data set and expected output?

jdminton
12 - Quasar

Try these settings. You'll want to set the tile tool to the number of files to create. If you are already breaking your data into segments another way (i.e. a field), you can add that to the formula to break up the output files.

Labels