Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outlook 365 Connector Error

Helen_B
7 - Meteor

Background

Hi relatively new user to alteryx have been using for about 4-6 months and is new to the organisation so there are new IT related issues we keep finding. Thankfully we have been able to solve most of them through this community group which is great. 

The latest one is the Outlook 365 connector that a few of our use cases rely upon so keen to get it working asap.

I have seen a few post on here in regards to it but nothing that quite fits this issue.

Problem

I can connect to my inbox using my sign on via browser (Microsoft organisational log on) and it can read by folders etc. When running it I get this error:

Error: Outlook 365 Input (7): Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 15, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ayx_python_sdk'

I can find this file but i am not exactly sure what this means, and whilst i can find it I will need our IT partners to make any amendments as I don't have permissions so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
kurtvanetten
5 - Atom

Helen_B, I haven't used this myself, but the doc page here give instructions on installing the AYX Python SDK package, which hopefully will have the info your IT people need to do that for you.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

The outlook 365 tool installs a slew of python code and dependencies. My advice here would be:

1) Check to see your Alteryx version - Outlook 365 requires 2021.4.1 or higher - and is not supported by 2022.2 FIPS - if you are running 2022.3 it may be worth talking to support. If you are running a version lower than 2021.4.1. it will not work - see https://help.alteryx.com/designer/designer-compatibility-data-connectors.

2) Reinstall the .yxi file. You may need to install as admin. See if you have any errors in your python wheel installations.

3) Are you running a non-standard location/non-standard setup which may be having an affect on where your python venv is location? If you don't know the answer to this question - you probably are not.

4) Does your IT department enforce any specific limitations on Python access (note - this would probably be flagged during install (part 2) - but worth checking out if it's not 1 or 2)

The usual suspects would be 1 or 2.

Helen_B
7 - Meteor

Hi, we are on version 2022.3.1. 

Thanks for all the info though i can go back to our IT with it, as we need an admin to do these processes. Grateful for all the options and fingers crossed its one of them - we have had issues related to python previously so possibly related to that as you suggested.

Helen_B
7 - Meteor

Great, thanks for this - will raise use this to caht to our IT and hopefully it helps solve the issues. Thanks again :-)

Labels