Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Optimize Approximate match

goutdelete
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I have a task here to match a price index database for both an initial reference date and the current date.  

CasePurchase DateFSAProperty TypeINDICE_RETROINDICE_CURRENT
Property 12000-05-06L0VCondo68.961287.4672
Property 22021-07-14L0VSingle276.2761288.4672

I got the solution from another post in the community and it does seem to get the correct answer. (this post: Solved: Re: Approximate match - Alteryx Community)

However I have well over 650,000 historical data point to refer, some by quarter some by month.  Just by testing a few thousands of records to match, it took well over 3 hours to run the workflow (and I only matched the retro value not the current value yet).

goutdelete_0-1646939094377.png

I'm wondering if anyone would know a better way to do this "Approximate match" function in Alteryx? -- basicaly the workflow would produce x items * 650,000 historical data THEN to do calculation, sorting and to select the right 1 single record that is a match.  I am still scratching my head and wonder why Alteryx didn't come up with something easier like excel's vlookup and xlookup and having to take such a detour?

The similar use case can apply to something like pricing match in a pricing table, to match a price for a product to the right or effetive pricing policy so I'm sure it's extremely helpful. -- if someone know how to submit a recommendation to Atleryx it's appreciated too!

Thanks everyone!

1 REPLY 1
nitin_l
7 - Meteor

You can use Join Tool to get output quickly. Let me know if this helps!

nitin_l_0-1649262234466.png

Labels