Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Operating in Multiple Row & Columns

emmanuel_gentile
5 - Atom

Hi guys, first of all  I wanna thank you for your help, cause this forum helps me every time I'm stuck in something.

But now I have a problem and I need to bother you with it! MAYBE you can help me.

I need to proyect my stock in one of my reports and I can't do it cause IDK how to operate using diferents columns and rows at the same time.

I will try to explain my self, please be patient with me, cause English is not my first language. 

For example: in this table I have the first value in January, so my first calculation is:

January final stock: Inicial stock + Brought in products + Local sales, so the result is 1.042.

but for February is:  January Result  (1042)+ February Result (181) : 1.223

For March:  January Result (1042) + February Result (181) + March Result (181): 1.404 and so on.

emmanuel_gentile_0-1624904853297.png

I manage to do something like this with my data in alteryx:

emmanuel_gentile_4-1624905280451.png

And I know that using "Multiple-Row Formula" I can do operations from diferent rows, like using "ROW-1"+"CURRENT ROW" but I need to do something like this:

For the first result:

emmanuel_gentile_5-1624905440190.png

And for the next ones:

emmanuel_gentile_6-1624905453241.png

emmanuel_gentile_7-1624906067428.png

Do you have any idea how to do it? 

Thank you all for your help and again, sorry for my language.

Emmanuel.

2 REPLIES 2
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @emmanuel_gentile ,

I think you're heading down the right path. Your multirow formula tool should have an expressions similar to

IF ISNULL([Row-1:result]) THEN [Projection]
ELSE [Row-1:result]+[Projection]
ENDIF

which translates as:

If I don't have a value in my above row (so the month is January, keep the value in the projection column, else get the value in the projection column and add it to the value in the above row.

There is another way to achieve the same result, using a running total tool

AngelosPachis_0-1624908085906.png

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Angelos

emmanuel_gentile
5 - Atom

Thank you Angelos!! It worked perfectly fine!

thanks!!!

Labels