Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

OpenAI Connection Error - network settings, proxy configs, SSL certificates, firewall

jwamendoza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, do you have any idea how to resolve this error - "Error: OpenAI Connector (11): <class 'Exception'>: OpenAI Connection Error: Check your network settings, proxy configurations, SSL certificates, or firewall rules."

Appreciate if someone knows how to resolve this by providing a step-by-step solution.

Alteryx OpenAI Connector Error.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

An APIConnectionError indicates that your request could not reach our servers or establish a secure connection. This could be due to a network issue, a proxy configuration, an SSL certificate, or a firewall rule.

If you encounter an APIConnectionError, please try the following steps:

- Check your network settings and make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection. You may need to switch to a different network, use a wired connection, or reduce the number of devices or applications using your bandwidth.

- Check your proxy configuration and make sure it is compatible with our services. You may need to update your proxy settings, use a different proxy, or bypass the proxy altogether.

- Check your SSL certificates and make sure they are valid and up-to-date. You may need to install or renew your certificates, use a different certificate authority, or disable SSL verification.

- Check your firewall rules and make sure they are not blocking or filtering our services. You may need to modify your firewall settings.

- If the issue persists, contact our support team and provide them with the following information:

- The model you were using

- The error message and code you received

- The request data and headers you sent

- The timestamp and timezone of your request

- Any other relevant details that may help us diagnose the issue

TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

I'd also add to keep an eye on this page OpenAI Status, or subscribe for updates. Sometimes OpenAI experiences outages. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

jwamendoza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @TyroneW, so far issue is not resolved yet. I'm currently working with our IT department to see if this has something to do with our configurations. But in terms of accessing websites, my PC has access to external websites (probably the issue is not related to proxy server or firewall concerns).

May I know the exact URL of OpenAI that the Beta OpenAI connector is trying to connect to?

Thank you.

TyroneW
Alteryx
Alteryx

This website may help: https://platform.openai.com/docs/api-reference/chat/

You can look up the endpoint based on your chosen completion type. It may also help to check if you can access and use ChatGPT from your PC. 

Here is a collection of errors and their solutions: https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/error-codes/python-library-error-types

Labels